Evaluation Criteria for Credit Card Processing
Credit Card Processors offer customers a wide variety of solutions for obtaining and processing payments in person, through mobile platforms, and even over the phone or through online platforms. We evaluate companies that provide a comprehensive set of payment processing services to their customers. Our evaluation process has been created with the most important aspects of credit card processing identified to highlight the best service providers.
There are five key areas identified by topcreditcardprocessors.com as significant for providers of credit card processing services:
The reliability of the service provider is measured through various services offered by determining any major flaws in the credit card processing system. Do the payments process correctly, or did we encounter any issues during the payment process. A service must be reliable and available at all times for it to be useful to merchants.
Availability of customer service is an important aspect of credit card processing services. Issues with the hardware or processes need to be identified and fixed quickly. Having an available support representative at all times means faster support and more efficient handling of support issues.
The volume of sales that the credit card processor is able to handle is also important to merchants of many sizes. Whether the client is a small business or a large enterprise, the credit card processor must be able to handle the volume of sales at all times including rush hour and holiday sales.
Whether or not the service is stable is also assessed. Were there times when the service would slow down or cards be denied due to a disconnection with the credit card processor?
Automation techniques used in credit card processing are also scrutinized. How many steps are involved in being able to accept each type of payment from customers? What opportunities for automatic payments and charges are available?
- How did you find your current payment processor?
- What other payment processors, if any, have you used?
- How many transactions do you process per month?
- What would be three things you would change about your experience?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
- What kind of terminal did the payment processor provide?
- How long does it take for your processor to deposit payments made from your terminal to your bank account?
- Did you utilize any online or card-not-present credit card processing services?
- What types of credit cards are you able to accept? (i.e. Visa, MasterCard)
- How fast are authorizations achieved?